2b) More Editing: Hiking Tech Review, Ep. 2

Hiking Tech Review, Ep. 2

For this assignment, I recorded a second episode of my experimental podcast, “Hiking Tech Review,” and did some more editing.

1. Added a middle music interlude, using a different section of the piece I had chosen for the intro and outro. Played with fades in and out.
  2. Added a sound effect, footsteps of hiking boots!
  3. Cleaned up the audio by adding compression to the vocal track, as well as the click removal effect.

I still have lots to learn, especially about normalizing the volume between tracks, but I think I’m getting the hang of Audacity!

Transcript

Welcome to Episode 2 of Hiking Tech Review. I’m Sarah and I will be your host.

Today is an especially exciting day here at Hiking Tech Review Podcast. Following up on the first episode, in which I announced I had purchased a pair of Cascade Mountain Tech carbon fiber adjustable lightweight trekking poles for hiking, walking, and running in all terrains, today is a special day. It’s the first day I was able to test my new hiking pole outside in real conditions after the first big snowfall here in Toronto, Canada.

I had an X-ray this morning and the surgeon said I was free to put full weight on my foot after some foot surgery. Soo Hallelujah, I was able to walk. A little bit of extra support was required so I had occasion to try my new hiking pole.

Capsule review: it was excellent. The pole is in three sections and you can loosen and tighten them after adjusting the length so that it’s just the right height for you. The weight of the pole is quite light but nevertheless it feels very sturdy. So I walked all the way home from work in snow. I did not fall over! I consider that a huge success.

The tip of the pole is a tungsten carbide tip for ice or special terrain. So, as it happens, it was perfect today for walking home on the sidewalks which were a little bit icy. When I got indoors, I put back on the rubber tip and it was quiet and did not damage the floor of my home.

So, to wrap up today’s review of this new hiking poll, ten out of ten so far. I hope to try it on other terrains, perhaps in the spring, but nevertheless for my purposes walking on the streets and on the sidewalk, my Cascade Mountain Tech carbon fiber adjustable lightweight trekking pole is a huge success. Recommended. Thank you very much for downloading this episode number two of Hiking Tech Review and we’ll see you next time.