About the Masterclass
Fall 2022 Iteration: November 1 – December 2
Final Submission “Deadline”: December 15
Learning Technology & Innovation is proud to present our self-directed “introductory masterclass” on podcasting. The class lasts four weeks and can be completed at your own pace; if you choose pace yourself along with us, you will complete the course in a month and have access to four live on-line sessions to practice skills and ask questions.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Have a clear sense of whether podcasting is the right medium for their project.
- Understand the different ways podcasting can be used for mobilizing scholarly knowledge.
- Have exposure to basic experiences of recording and editing audio.
- Have exposure to basic experiences using WordPress for podcast distribution.
- Have a scope for development of their own scholarly podcast.
The thematic focus of the course is scholarly podcasting, but there is space here for everyone and the skills are broadly transferable to any podcasting project.
This site can be used by anyone — at TRU, or beyond! — and you don’t have to formally sign up to follow along. But if you’d like to be added to the site in order to do the weekly mini-assignments, or if you’d like to come to the live sessions and join the Mattermost channel for just-in-time support, please fill in the form below.