Noah 3b

What will your podcast cover image be?

This is one of my favourite photos I’ve taken. I took it in Banff about two years ago, and the reflection in the river is so clear. It brings in some core things I’m wanting to focus on, one is the idea of building a path, hence the mountain and the forest, and the other is the aspect of reflection. Now this probably isn’t the best podcast image, I see most podcasts steer away from photos, but it works so wonderfully for what I’m trying to get across that I think I’ll start with this.

What do you want your podcast’s site to look like?

I’ve been writing notes for a future OER textbook on career development for a while now, but when I started this podcast idea I figured it would be a good first thing on the site. So here is the site so far: https://careertheory.trubox.ca/

There’s not much there except an overview of what I mean by career theory. I want to focus on blue-greens for the colours and use a clean and crisp look to the site.

My layout for each podcast page is inspired by You Got This’s method:

Insert the podcast first

Brief overview of the episode

Show Notes

Insert show notes here, mainly the 1 key concept and 3 key takeaways.

Links of Interest

• Link 1
  • Link 2
  • Link 3

Transcript

View the transcript in PDF here.

For indexing I’m not sure yet. I plan to build the podcast first in line with my class next semester, and not have it indexed anywhere, but then to turn it into a bi-weekly podcast after that, likely launching the following fall. That will allow me to have about 12 episodes already created before the summer, and then another three or four before it launches, which would mean that it will run through the academic year. I hope to submit it to apple, google, and spotify as well as podcast addict and a few others. I love podcast addict and RSS focused podcasting apps in general, mostly because I think that the walled garden approach the big podcast places are using is a very very bad idea for the web as a whole.

For marketing I plan to keep it focused mostly on TRU students and social media marketing. If it goes well I may write something up about it for CareerWise to share with the broader career development community.