Intro Episode Transcript

Here is the transcript :

Intro to Podcast Test Transcript

[Theme song Wake Up You Must Remember by Orthothonics] 0-0:17

0:16-0:18 Hello and welcome to the first episode.

0:19-0:34 I think it’s kind of funny that at time where I spent the large majority of almost twelve years of my life on Twitter, talking about, accessibility and educational technology

0:35-0:42 at a time when, that platform seems to be imploding, that I have decided now is a time for me to start a new platform.

0:43-0:49 So here we are, episode one, having conversations about accessibility.

0:50 –0:53 This isn’t scripted. This isn’t planned.

0:54-1:02 Basically what this will be is 10, to 15, to 20 minutes of information about how to make your pedagogy more accessible.

1:03-1:12 There’ll be opportunities for you to write in and ask me things about certain aspects of your pedagogy that you’d like to make more accessible

1:13-1:18 I’ll take those reader comments and we’ll talk about them in the episodes that follow.

1:19-1:28 I’m also doing this right now during the day, because I have also thought about the accessibility of the actual podcast itself.

1:29-1:40 I thought well, if I record this at night it will probably be quieter, and then I realized that, that’s also a privilege that some people may not have.

1:41-1:59  So I’m here starting a project, a podcast project, thinking about the actual accessibility of creating a project that’s a podcast, where there might be some folk who don’t have the space to be able to create a quiet, non-disruptive podcast,

2:00-2:12 and also as someone who has tinnitus so I might not be able to hear some of the things and the scratches that you will hear, and I hope that also reminds you that accessibility is everywhere.

2:13-2:20 And that there are some things that need to be done to make podcasts more accessible.

2:21-2:26 So thank you for joining me on this journey; I look forward to our conversations.