Assignment 2B

Same recording as my other post where I am reading a poem, but I added some sound effects to it of birds chirping and edited the sound levels as the sound effect was way louder than my voice when I imported it.

4 comments

1. You seem to have the birdsong clips at a pleasing level. I’m curious how you decided when they should come in.

1. The bird sound effects were actually the same length as my recorded audio. I just downloaded the birds, and added it to my audio, but changed the volume. I guess the sound effect just lined up well with my audio.

2. Good job playing with levels — an important skill to master. I found the birds quite captivating!

3. I am curious what recording tools you used. There does seem to be a lot of background noise almost like the computer fan. To me it almost seems like you recorded with the wrong microphone selected. I am of course assuming you were using a stand alone mic attached to your computer. You can remove some of that background hiss and make your vocals a bit clearer in audacity using noise reduction. https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/noise_reduction.html.
    Your control of the bird sounds was very nice, and at an appropriate level as not to compete with your voice.