Assignment 1a

Instead of rehashing some of the podcasts from last session of the Podcast Masterclass, I thought I would talk about a new podcast I recently listened to; Wild Boys is a short series that tells the story of two boys who claim to have grown up in the woods near Revelstoke and are found wandering the town of Vernon. The community rallies around them to get them supports but something doesn’t seem right. This is a true story that happened in Vernon in the 90’s and is told by Sam Mullins who grew-up in Vernon when this happened. It is well researched and is paced very well. The series is 9 episodes split into two parts. Part one is episodes 1-4 and tells the tale as it happened, and then the second part tracks down what the boys are doing now.

This is a podcast that is under the umbrella of Campside Media.

“CAMPSIDE MEDIA IS A PODCAST COMPANY THAT PUTS STORYTELLERS FIRST. WE SPECIALIZE IN SERIALIZED NARRATIVE PODCASTS REPORTED AND HOSTED BY SOME OF THE BEST JOURNALISTS IN THE WORLD

It is very well produced technically with great audio, great music and pacing.

1 comment

1. As you know, Jon, I am also obsessed with this story — so much so that I am saving the finale for when I walk to campus tomorrow. I can’t quite put my finger on why I love this so much. We talked a bit about what works well structurally last week, but there’s more too it — the genuine host, I think, and his personal connection to the topic.